icon camera Blog Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook YouTube

 

60 Years of Caring

 

On November 15, 1953, Pardee Hospital officially opened to the public. From the start, Pardee was committed to providing the best and most modern medical care to the people of Henderson County. On opening day, 28 patients were transferred from Patton Hospital to Pardee with Dottie Keith being the first patient. The first baby born at the hospital was aptly named Margaret Pardee Vaughn. Within two years, Pardee had quickly set a standard for innovation and a commitment to quality. In 1954, Pardee was recognized as a Secondary Premature Infant Center. Within another year, Pardee opened the first poison control center in western North Carolina. Four years later a 30 bed addition was completed to answer the growing demand for quality health care. Pardee quickly grew to become a major health care provider in western North Carolina within its first six years of existence. 
88328855
Although growth of the facility and programs were important at Pardee, the team members, physicians and volunteers were even more instrumental to the success. As William Jamison, the first hospital administrator, said, “Equipment is an important factor in good health care, for the patients of Pardee hospital. But the equipment remains mere tools that need skilled hands of dedicated people who care about patients.” Sixty years later, this sentiment still rings true in our dedicated team members. Pardee continues to attract team members and physicians provide quality patient centered care to Henderson County.  
 

 

Add comment


Security code
Refresh