Pardee Foundation’s 17th Annual Tournament of Champions scores big
Created on Thursday, 17 May 2012 09:10
Written by Kristie Harris
Despite gloomy forecasts for flash flooding and 90 percent chance of rain, Executive Director Myra Grant racked up her 17th
rain-free tournament record in her final year overseeing Pardee Foundation’s annual golf tournament.
The golfers participating in the tournament didn’t let the weekend deluge leading up to the tournament dampen their spirits. Amazingly, full fields of golfers – 163 players, supported by 46 sponsors – turned out to support this year’s 9 and 18-hole tournaments. The rain stopped as registration for the 9-hole morning tournament began and didn’t start back up again until the last 18-hole players headed into Kenmure Country Club in Flat Rock for the awards ceremony and reception.
This year’s Tournament of Champions raised more than $112,000 on May 14 to support the purchase of two new mobile X-ray units for Pardee Hospital.
Winning teams in the 9 hold tournament:
- First Place: Coerver Team: 25 (25-15-7-2). Dale Coerver, Charlie Porter, Robert Stover, Henry Van Gieson
- Second Place: Scott Financial: 27 (27-17-8-3). Larry Scott, Stuart MacRoberts and Arnie House
- Third Place: Maier Team: 27 (27-17-8-3) Jerry Maier, Bryce Malsbary, Eileen DeCarle, Mike DeCarle
- Fourth Place: 27 (27-17-8-3) Richard Pilarski, Richard Reimels and Larry Mobley
Winning teams in the 18 hole tournament:
- First place: Mountain 1st Bank, 54 (25-17-8-3) Dick Grey, Edward Harrelson, Mark Isabelli and Michael Wollinger
- Second place: The Times News, 54 (27-17-7-3) Lee Beason, Dick Burns, Bob Payton and Joe Polak
- Third place: Andy Oxy: 55 (26-17-8-3) Darren Cady, Britt Lovin, Scott Pritchard and Chris Noel
- Fourth place: Team #19: 55 (26-18-8-3) Paul Beiler, Jeremy LeMaster, Buddy Riebel and Todd Webb
- Fifth place: Team #30, 55 (26-18-8-3) Eddie Webber, George Clark, Todd Capps and Don Rummage
- Sixth place: GE Lighting Solution: 56 (26-16-8-4) Terry Collins, Keith McGough, Patrick Peterson and Matt Pulley
Pardee Foundation sincerely thanks its generous sponsors, led by UNC Health Care System, Pardee Hospital’s partner. UNC Health Care System served as the Lead Sponsor followed by Diamond Sponsors Hendersonville Health & Rehab/Beystone Health & Rehab (a Sanstone Community) and Pepsi-Cola Bottling Co. of Asheville. Gold sponsors included Ameri-Quipt of NC, HealthCare Claims Management, LINCARE, Pardee Hospital, ParsecFinancial Management, the Times-News, Wright McGraw Beyer Architects and UBS Financial Services/Bill Gold.
We also thank all of our loyal volunteers, including terrific team members like Tabitha Calloway, Pam Herbst, Wanda Moore, Alan House, Pat Ashe, Bridget Barron, Jennifer Hoots, Tim Smith, Rosa Panchyshyn, Gail Garren, Wanda Cannon and Andrea Neumeyer.