Lighten Up 4 Life winners
Created on Monday, 17 January 2011 09:52
Written by Kristie Harris
The winning Pardee Lighten Up 4 Life
team was highlighted in the Citizen-Times on Saturday.
to read the story.
Click here to sign up for Lighten Up 4 Life
, and explore the secrets to successful weight loss.
- Make gradual changes. In other words, don’t try to do too much too soon. Start by finding out how many calories you need to lose 1 – 2 pounds a week. Then count your daily calories to make sure you stay within that range.
- Use Lighten Up 4 Life’s A Calorie Needs Calculator to figure out the correct amount of calories for your age, height and weight.
- Add exercise gradually. Start by walking 30 minutes three times a week and then increase slowly to more time or days. If you try to do too much too soon you might set yourself up for failure.
- Make it public. If you announce to your team mates, friends and family that you are going to lose weight and become healthier you will be more accountable to your goals. You will most likely gain support from your team and your family.
- Put your goals or challenge your team to a 5K on Lighten Up 4 Life’s Facebook Page. Once it is out there for everyone to see you’re more likely to do it!
- Allow for failure. No one can be perfect all the time. You’re going to mess up occasionally. The trick is to keep going. Don’t allow one cookie or missed workout to make you lose confidence in yourself. Just start again. It all adds up in the long run and one mess up doesn't have to stop you from succeeding!
- Buddy Up. Eat lunch with people who are trying to lose weight too. You can help each other to stay on track. Plus once a week bring in a healthy, low calorie dish to share.