Lighten Up 4 Life
Created: Monday, 29 August 2011 08:00
Written by Kristie Harris
Lighten Up 4 Life’s next 16-week challenge begins September 5 and runs through December 16, 2011. It’s never too late, you can register at anytime.
Free Online Exercise Videos & Tips To Help You Stay Active!
We’ve done the research to find you online resources that are FREE and reliable. This list of exercise videos includes; yoga, strength training, cardio, water aerobics and more!
- Workoutz - Ab exercise videos, arm, chest, triceps, back, total body, yoga, stretch and more that you can play online, download to an ipod or print.
- Exercisetv- Free full-length workouts, mini workouts, sculpting, cardio, yoga, strength training and more all online and all free.
- BodyBuilding – Free strength training instructional videos and workout plans.
- AsktheTrainer – Free short-instructional videos that include upper body, lower body, by exercise equipment, core exercise and more.
- Watergym - Free water aerobics exercise chart and free online video water aerobic exercises.
- SparkPeople – Sign up for free and you’ll have access to; Bootcamp, core, ab, Pilates workouts and more. There’s even a 15-minute desk workout video you can do on your lunch hour! (They also have great recipes and food plans)
- Prevention – They provide you with a number of short “Dance It Off:videos that include HipHop, ballet, jazz and more!
For all of these links and more information about exercise, check out Lighten Up 4 Life’s Exercise Page
Speaking of goals!
- Eating before you exercise. According to experts at Mayo Clinic, you should fuel your workout by eating. So, if you exercise in the morning that means getting up early enough to eat breakfast or a snack before your workout. But, make sure you allow the appropriate time for your food to digest before you begin exercising. Here are some general rules to follow:
- Large meals. Eat these at least three to four hours before exercising.
- Small meals. Eat these two to three hours before exercising.
- Small snacks. Eat these an hour before exercising.
- Common barriers to exercising. Time, being too tired or thinking exercise is boring are all common barriers. Here are some suggestions to overcome these barriers.
- Too little time to workout? Stop making excuses and come up with simple solutions to add a little exercise to your day, like getting up a little earlier, going out for a brief walk at lunch or instead of sitting at the movies on a Saturday afternoon, go for a bike ride with friends and family.
- Exercise is boring. This is a very common problem and excuse for not exercising but changing up your exercise routine by:
- Dancing with friends instead of walking on the treadmill
- Learning how to strength train with weights
- Challenge yourself to walk or run a 5k race in your community
- Create an exercise group in your neighborhood or at work
- Self conscious about how you look exercising.
- If you're uncomfortable exercising around others, go solo at first. Try an exercise video. Or consider investing in a stationary bicycle or a treadmill.
- Remember that as you become fitter and more comfortable exercising, your self-confidence is likely to improve as well.
- Too tired or no energy to exercise? Without exercise, you have a tendency to feel drained but if you exercise it can increase your energy. Just get started!
- Setting exercise goals: Map out a walking or running route and set your goals to go a little farther every day. Check out our link to a “Map Your Route”
Get ready to run the
Saturday September 3, 2011 in Hendersonville. Click here
for more details
For more of these tips about exercise, check out Lighten Up 4 Life’s Exercise Page
Recipes.com Healthy & Light Recipes
Golden Pineapple Sorbet
Tomato & Turkey Soup
Great Gazpacho Soup
Huli Huli Pork
Slow-Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
You’ll find these recipes and more on the Lighten Up 4 Life Recipe’s Page
Lighten Up 4 Life Cooking Video
Curried Chicken Salad
from Ellie Krieger
Find this cooking video and recipe on the Lighten Up 4 Life Recipe’s Page
Apple Festival 8k
Saturday September 3 8:00am
Hendersonville, NC More info
WNC Villainous Viper 2011 Bike Race
Saturday September 10 8am
Asheville, NC More info
North Buncombe Trail Mix 5K
Saturday September 10 8:00am
Asheville, NC More info
Remember the Lighten Up 4 Life team that loses the greatest percentage of weight over the 16-week program September 5 – December 16, 2011will wins prizes. In order to win, you will need to Submit Your Weight
every Monday online at Lighten Up 4 Life