Last day to register for Hike to Health
Created on Wednesday, 21 September 2011 09:37
Written by Kristie Harris
Today is the last day to register for Hike to health at Chimney Rock. Call 1-866-790-WELL (9355) to register.
Here is what you get:
- One of our famous long-sleeve Hike to Health T-shirts
- Registration includes admission to the park all day. Click here to see what else you can do there.
- If you pay an extra $5 at the day of the hike at the ticket counter, you’ll get an unlimited visits for a year pass. That’s a total of $20.
- Children 6-15 years are $5 to register. Children under 6 years of age are free, but still must be registered.
- You get 20% off at the Old Rock Cafe that day.
- There will also be other giveaways that day.
Here is what the hikes are like:
- Great Woodland Adventure – .6 mile guided trail which includes 12 discovery stations for kids and the kids-at-heart
- Hickory Nut Falls Trail – leisurely .75 mile hike to the base of the 404 ft. tall Hickory Nut Falls (one of the highest waterfalls east of the Mississippi River) (1.5 total round trip hike)
- Four Seasons Trail – moderate to strenuous trail which starts at the meadows parking area and runs all the way to the top of the mountain (with access to Hickory Nut Falls) – Four Seasons Trail alone is .6 miles, once it connects to Hickory Nut Falls Trail this adds on an additional .5 miles, making for a total round trip of approximately 2.2 miles
- Click here to view a Chimney Rock trail map for more information.
Here are our sponsors:
We would like to extend a special thank you to our Hike to Health sponsors, volunteers and the staff of Chimney Rock for helping to make this event possible.