Pardee UNC Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system that was founded in 1953 and is managed by UNC Health Care. It is the first hospital in the Carolinas to be accredited with the International Organization for Standardization (ISO 9001:2008) for quality health care standards.
We are licensed for 222 acute care beds and are the second-largest employer in Henderson County, with 1,492 team members. We have several locations separate from our main campus, including a comprehensive physician practice network, three urgent care locations and five orthopedic clinics.
To improve the health of the communities we serve.
To lead the transformation of healthcare in our communities with the best people providing the best care.
We offer compassionate care for the sick, injured and rehabilitating, as well as wellness education and resources for our community.
Pardee Hospital history
The origins of Pardee Hospital began at Patton Memorial Hospital on Highland Avenue in Hendersonville. Patton Hospital opened in 1913 with a capacity for 26 patients and was staffed by five physicians.
On November 15, 1953, patients were moved to the newly constructed Margaret R. Pardee Memorial Hospital. The number of physicians on the medical staff grew to 26 physicians and four dentists to keep up with the new hospital's 70-bed capacity.
Today, Pardee Hospital is licensed for 222 acute care beds and has 322 physicians representing 37 medical specialties and 127 allied health areas.
Pardee Hospital Foundation
Pardee provides health care to all who seek it without regard for their ability to pay for services. The hospital is owned, but not funded, by Henderson County. The Pardee Hospital Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) organization that serves as the charitable gift-receiving entity for Henderson County Hospital Corporation (dba Pardee Hospital).
The Pardee Hospital Foundation represents hundreds of people who give their money, time, passion, advice, talents and appreciation for the care they and their loved ones receive at Pardee Hospital.