Pardee Hospital Accepting Applications for 2017 Junior Volunteer Program through April 13
Hendersonville, N.C. – Pardee Hospital is accepting applications for its 2017 Junior Volunteer Program from now until Thursday, April 13. The 2017 summer session begins at orientation on Friday, June 16, and Tuesday, June 20, and continues through Friday, Aug. 11. Applicants must complete the application form found online at http://www.pardeehospital.org/about-us/volunteer/.
As junior volunteers, students will learn the value of community service and get exposure to the health care setting. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Escorting patients and visitors to their destinations.
- Transporting patients and visitors in wheelchairs.
- Working in the Garden Café and Orchards Café.
- Assisting in various other departments.
Junior volunteers are expected to work at least four hours per week, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Junior volunteers will not volunteer on weekends. To be considered for a junior volunteer position at Pardee Hospital, applicants must meet all the following requirements:
- Be at least 14 years old by April 1, 2017.
- Complete and return all application documents to Karla Reese, volunteer and chaplain services director, prior to April 13, 2017 (include required signatures of both the student and parent/guardian).
- Attend the required orientation meeting on Friday, June 16, or Tuesday, June 20, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Volunteers must complete one of these orientations in its entirety, no exceptions.
Applicants may hand-deliver their completed application packet to Karla Reese or Barbara Alexander in the Pardee Hospital chaplain’s office or mail it to:
Attention: Karla Reese
Volunteer Services-Box 2
800 N. Justice Street
Hendersonville, NC 28791
For additional information, contact Karla Reese at 828-696-4240 or email@example.com.
Pardee Hospital is a not-for-profit community hospital founded in 1953 and is managed by UNC Health Care. The hospital is licensed for 222 acute care beds. Pardee Hospital has several locations separate from the main campus, including a comprehensive physician practice network, two urgent care locations and five orthopedic clinics. For more information or to find a physician, visit www.pardeehospital.org.