Pardee Hospital Foundation’s 22nd Annual Tournament of Champions Raises $75,000
Proceeds from golf tournament will benefit Pardee UNC Health Care’s MUSE Cardiology System
Hendersonville, N.C. — Pardee Hospital Foundation’s 22nd Annual Tournament of Champions golf tournament, held on Monday, May 8 at Kenmure Country Club, raised more than $75,000. Participants played 18 holes of golf in either the morning or afternoon, followed by an awards ceremony and dinner in the evening. The winning team with the lowest overall gross score included Justin Blythe, Syd Blythe, Johnny Johnston and Derek Hawkins with a score of 52. Other award recipients include:
• First place, lowest overall net score: Richard Rhodes, Tommy Tolles, Steve Wyatt and Patrick Pettit with a score of 50.
• Second place, lowest overall net score: Ben Campen, McCray Benson and Curt Crowhurst with a score of 50.
• Third place, lowest overall net score: Billy Nodine, Mark Page, Nathan Smith and Dylan Roberts with a score of 51.
• Fourth place, lowest overall net score: TJ Gardner, Jason Denny, Gregg Owens and Steve Moore with a score of 51.
• Longest drive, women: Martha Kilfoil
• Longest drive, men: Matt Foster
• Closest to pin: #5-Britt Lovin, #9-Terry Brock, #11-Greg Owens, #14-David Amsler
Top sponsors for the event included Pepsi-Cola, Hendersonville Health & Rehabilitation and The Lodge at Mills River.
Funds raised from this year's tournament will support the expansion and enhancement of Pardee UNC Health Care’s MUSE Cardiology Data Management System. The MUSE System will enable providers to treat patients in a seamless and efficient manner by allowing patients to receive care from different facilities while having cardiac test results follow them electronically. This provides the patient’s physicians and caregivers the ability to make faster medical decisions without repeating unneeded tests.