Pardee UNC Health Care Accepting Applications for 2019 Junior Volunteer Program Through Thursday, April 11
Pardee UNC Health Care is accepting applications for its 2019 Junior Volunteer Program now through Thursday, April 11. The 2019 summer session begins at orientation on Wednesday, June 19, or Tuesday, June 25, and continues through Friday, Aug. 9. Applicants must complete the application form found online at www.pardeehospital.org/about-us/volunteer/.
As junior volunteers, students will learn the value of community service and get exposure to the health care setting. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Escorting patients and visitors to their destinations.
- Transporting patients and visitors in wheelchairs.
- Working in the Garden Café and Orchards Café.
- Assisting in various other departments.
Junior volunteers are expected to work at least four hours per week, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Junior volunteers will not volunteer on weekends. To be considered, applicants must meet all the following requirements:
- Be at least 14 years old by April 1, 2019.
- Complete and return all application documents to Karla Reese, volunteer services manager, by April 11, 2019 (include required signatures of both the student and parent/guardian).
- Attend the required orientation meeting on either Wednesday, June 19, or Tuesday, June 25, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Volunteers must complete one of these orientations in its entirety, no exceptions.
Applicants may email their application to email@example.com, hand-deliver their completed application packet to Karla Reese or mail it to:
Attention: Karla Reese
Pardee UNC Health Care
Volunteer Services-Box 2
800 N. Justice Street
Hendersonville, NC 28791
For additional information, contact Karla Reese at 828-696-4240 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pardee UNC Health Care is a not-for-profit community hospital founded in 1953 and is managed by UNC Health Care. The hospital is licensed for 222 acute care beds. Pardee has several locations separate from the main campus, including a comprehensive physician practice network, a cancer center, three urgent care locations and five orthopedic clinics. For more information or to find a physician, visit www.pardeehospital.org.