If you have been diagnosed with cancer, you want the best care available. What’s more, you want it close to home with caring doctors, nurses and staff helping you understand your diagnosis, your treatment options and the entire process in between.
In 2016, we opened the Pardee Cancer Center to offer you comprehensive cancer services under one roof. In addition to diagnosing and treating your cancer, we offer a support team to help lessen your fears and guide you every step of the way.
The Pardee Cancer Center is the only comprehensive cancer center in Henderson County, offering:
- Blood transfusions
- Radiation oncology
- Surgical oncology
- National clinical trials
- Cancer screenings
- 3D mammography, ultrasound, breast MRI and same-day biopsies with prompt results at the Elizabeth Reilly Breast Center
- Patient navigation services
- Nutrition services with registered dietitians
- Palliative care
- Support Groups
- Spiritual Care
Cancer Center Team
Our team of specially trained clinical and support staff includes:
- Board-certified hematologists and oncologists
- Board-certified radiation oncologists, specializing in the treatment of cancer using radiation therapy.
- Cancer Care Navigators, who are registered nurses, to support and guide you from your diagnosis, through treatment and recovery, and onto survivorship.
- Registered dietitians to ensure optimum nutrition during and after treatment, and to educate you about healthy eating to minimize risks.
Recognitions and Accreditations
We are proud to offer you high-quality cancer care in a safe environment. We have earned national recognition for cancer care by the following agencies and organizations:
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, which accredits only one in four hospitals for providing the “best in cancer care.”
- American College of Radiology for radiation oncology to treat cancer.
- National Quality Measures for Breast Centers as a Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence
- National Accreditation for Breast Centers
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for meeting Institutional Review Board research standards
Our Modernized Health Sciences Building
To provide you with the most comprehensive cancer care, we house all of our cancer services under one roof – the Pardee Cancer Center. This facility opened in December of 2016 through an innovative collaboration with:
- Henderson County
- The City of Hendersonville
- Wingate University
- Blue Ridge Community College
In addition to the clinical services provided, the building also houses:
- Pardee Surgical Associates
- Blue Ridge Community College’s and Wingate University’s nursing, allied health care, pharmacy, and physician assistant programs