Breast Health at the Elizabeth Reilly Breast Center
The Elizabeth Reilly Breast Center is part of Pardee Cancer Center. We give women and men access to the most advanced breast diagnostic services available.
Breast Health Services
The Elizabeth Reilly Breast Center provides:
- Breast care patient navigation services
- 3D mammography
- Breast MRI
- Same-day biopsies and prompt test results to decrease anxiety
- Community education programs
The 3D mammography equipment used at Pardee is the only equipment that is FDA approved as superior to standard 2D mammography. Multiple clinical studies show 3D mammography is beneficial for all women, no matter your breast type or density. 3D mammography detects 41 percent more invasive breast cancers and reduces false positives by up to 40 percent. This means one simple thing: more accuracy and less anxiety.
Most major insurers cover the exam. Talk to your physician about having a 3D mammogram at your next mammography screening.
A More Comfortable Mammogram
Pardee UNC Health Care is now delivering a more comfortable mammogram experience. Pardee Cancer Center has now added the new SmartCurve System. The SmartCurve System's curved paddles are specifically designed for comfortable compression during breast imaging. Choose Pardee for your next mammogram and experience the difference!
Pardee UNC Health Care is one of only two facilities in Western North Carolina to offer 3D-guided biopsy, which is a minimally invasive procedure that uses x-ray imaging techniques to gather tissue samples from a breast abnormality. This biopsy technique samples lesions which cannot be detected with the standard 2D digital mammography, and can only be identified with 3D mammography. Patients cannot tell a difference when this latest technique is being used; however, 3D-guided biopsy is the highest level technology available today for sampling lesions in the breast, which may be an indication of breast cancer, and allows for an easier, more streamlined procedure that takes less time and uses less radiation.
This investment in 3D technology demonstrates our commitment to being on the leading edge and to providing the very best care to our patients and to our community
Our highly skilled and compassionate staff includes:
- Board-certified physicians
- A breast care navigator who offers personal guidance through breast cancer diagnosis, treatment and recovery
- Certified 3D mammography and ultrasound technicians with more than 20 years of experience
- Oncology-certified nurses
- Fellowship-trained breast cancer surgeon at Pardee Breast Surgery
We are the only breast center in Henderson County designated as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology. Our Breast Center is also recognized as:
- A Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence through the National Quality Measures for Breast Centers Program
- A 2016 Women’s Choice Award recipient as one of America’s Best Breast Care Centers
- Accredited by the National Accreditation for Breast Centers