When you experience normal wear and tear or an injury to any part of your musculoskeletal system, including arthritis, a broken bone, a muscle sprain, a swollen tendon or torn ligament, an orthopedic specialist can help you regain your physical activity.
At Pardee Hospital, our nationally recognized orthopedics team, consisting of orthopedic doctors and orthopedic surgeons who specialize in adolescent and adult orthopedic and sports medicine, certified athletic trainers, physical and occupational therapists, and physical medicine and rehabilitation doctors – or physiatrists – focus on restoring your mobility and quality of life.
Orthopedic services available
Our orthopedic services include:
- Traditional and minimally invasive orthopedic surgery, such as arthroscopy, to repair injury or damage to musculoskeletal structures of the hand, wrist, elbow, shoulder, back or spine, hip, knee, foot or ankle
- Joint replacement surgery, including total hip replacement and total knee replacement, shoulder- and elbow-joint surgery
- Spine care, spinal surgery and therapeutic spinal injections, offered through Southeastern Sports Medicine and Orthopedics, a department of Pardee Hospital
- Sports medicine for adults and student athletes in middle and high schools throughout western North Carolina
- Physical therapy and Occupational Therapy
- Aquatic therapy
- Physiatry (non-surgical treatment of orthopedic conditions) and physical medicine and rehabilitation
A weekday morning walk-in clinic for adolescents and adults, who need orthopedic care, at each of the five locations (Asheville, Hendersonville on Asheville Highway, Hendersonville on Thompson Street, Arden, Waynesville) of Southeastern Sports Medicine and Orthopedics.
You can be certain that you are in good hands with our team of orthopedic specialists. Our orthopedics program has been nationally recognized by the following industry leaders for excellence in orthopedic surgery, including accolades specific to total joint replacement surgery for the hip and knee:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC): Blue Distinction Center+ for knee and hip replacements (2016)
- *The Women’s Choice Award®: America’s Best Hospitals for Orthopedics (2016, 2014)
- Healthgrades: America's 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery (2016)
- Healthgrades: Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award (2016)
- Healthgrades: Top 10 percent in the Nation for Overall Orthopedic Services (2016)
- Healthgrades: Five-Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement for 13 Years in a Row (2004-2016)
- Healthgrades: Five-Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement for two Years in a Row (2015-2016)
- Healthgrades: Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for five Years in a Row (2012-2016)
- U.S. News & World Report: "High performing" in knee replacement and hip replacement (2015)