Preventing and treating musculoskeletal injuries resulting from sports or fitness activities falls into a specific branch of orthopedics known as sports medicine. Pardee UNC Health Care has an unparalleled reach in western North Carolina when it comes to sports medicine. We’re happy to care for student athletes, adult athletes, weekend warriors, and fitness enthusiasts.
Our Sports Medicine team cares for athletes of all ages. Our experienced team includes:
Urgent Care is an extension of our Sports Medicine program. Injured athletes can seek immediate treatment at Pardee Urgent Care and then receive follow-up care with our Sports Medicine team. Learn more about Pardee Urgent Care
We treat a wide range of common athletic and sports injuries, including:
Head and neck injuries, including concussions
Knee injuries, such as a torn ACL or meniscus tear
Leg, foot and ankle injuries
Shoulder and arm injuries
- Respiratory conditions
Sports-related injuries don’t always require surgery. Pardee offers rehabilitation options through our Wellness Center to get you back in the game. These include:
Athletic Training for Student Athletes
Pardee takes pride in caring for our community, and middle and high school students who participate in sports are important members of the communities we serve. So, we’ve dedicated resources to helping these young people be their best and safest while they compete. We offer the following for student athletes living in Henderson, Buncombe, Transylvania, Polk, and Haywood Counties:
- Free yearly pre-participation athletic screenings for middle and high school athletes.
- Nationally board-certified and state-licensed athletic trainers employed by Pardee but located on local middle and high school campuses to ensure schools comply with state laws governing student safety.
- Coverage by athletic trainers at local sporting events not associated with schools, such as youth and adult sports leagues.
- Baseline concussion testing as part of a comprehensive Concussion Management Program.
- Educational opportunities for coaches and health care professionals who work with student athletes. We work with schools to teach and follow acute cardiac arrest and heat illness protocols.