Symptoms and Next Steps COVID-19
What Should I do if I have Symptoms Similar to Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms including fever, cough or shortness of breath and have traveled recently should:
For general questions, call the North Carolina Coronavirus Hotline at 1-866-462-3821. All residents are encouraged to continue to follow the precautions offered by the CDC to protect themselves and others from the spread of all respiratory illness, including flu and COVID-19.
Additionally, you should:
- Stay home from work, school, and away from other public places. If you must go out, avoid using any kind of ride-sharing, taxis, or public transportation.
- People who are mildly ill with COVID-19 are able to isolate at home during their illness. You should restrict activities outside your home, except for getting medical care.
- Separate yourself from other people and animals in your home
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Wash your hands frequently
- Avoid sharing household items like towels, dishes, utensils, etc.
- Clean all high-touch surfaces every day like counter tops, handles, etc every day.
What Parents and Families Need to Know
Find out what experts are recommending for parents to help keep your family healthy, as well as what to do if your child has symptoms similar to coronavirus (COVID-19).
Older Adults and High Risk Patients
Older adults and patients with underlying medical conditions are at greater risk from coronavirus (COVID-10) and need to take extra precautions.