Pardee UNC Health Care is committed to patient-centered, safe care throughout all of our hospitals and health care facilities. Due to the growing spread of coronavirus / COVID-19 in North Carolina, and to limit the risk of exposure for patients, caregivers, and employees, Pardee has revised our visitor restrictions.
Visitors are an important part of the healing process for our patients. We are happy to have TWO visitors for ALL adult patients at Pardee facilities. Minor patients may have up to two visitors. For the health and safety of all our visitors, patients, and staff, we ask visitors adhere to the following guidelines while in the hospital:
- If you have recently been ill, or are currently experiencing symptoms of illness, you should stay home to protect your loved one and the community at large
- All visitors will be screened and cleared before entering the hospital.
- The following will NOT be allowed to enter the hospital:
- Anyone who has respiratory symptoms
- Anyone awaiting a COVID test result
- Anyone who has been exposed to a confirmed COVID case
- Visitors must wear a face covering/mask at ALL times while in the hospital.
- Visitors must adhere to infection control procedures as directed by clinical staff
- All adult patients EXCEPT Women and Children’s may have two visitors at a time.
- Visitor must be 18 years of age or older
- If there are more than two visitor in a patient’s room, the patient and/or visitor(s) will be asked to determine who will be the one visitor and all others will be asked to leave
- Visitors to COVID patients will be allowed, the timing and length of visits will be determined by the primary clinical care team to ensure safety for visitors and patients. Visitation during aerosol-generating procedures is NOT recommended.
- Women and Children’s and minor patients may have TWO visitors at a time.
- Visitors are to remain in the patient’s room at all times unless going to one of the cafés.
The cafés are available to visitors during visiting hours. Please refrain from eating or drinking while walking to your destination
Compassionate Care Visits
Pardee upholds an individualized, person-centered care approach for compassionate care visits. These visits will be accommodated when best for the patient
- The number and length of visits will be determined by each unique situation to best meet the patient’s clinical and safety needs
- The primary care team will determine the number of visitors allowed in end-of-life visits on a case-by-case basis
- Compassionate Care visits will require visitors adhere to infection control procedures, including wearing personal protective equipment (PPE)
Members of the clergy will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms at the entrance. Members of the clergy will be required to wear a mask at all times and eye protection in patient rooms. Clergy may visit multiple patients if needed.
Patient Access to Hospital Entrances
- Main Entrance (800 N. Justice St.) - open Monday – Friday, 6 a.m. – 6 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. -- 5 p.m. Scheduled appointments for cardiac and vascular patients, wound care, pain management, radiology and labs, use the Main Entrance
- Day Surgery Entrance - open Monday – Friday, 5:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Fleming St Entrance - open Monday – Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm
- Emergency Department Entrance - Open 24/7 for patients needing emergent care