Pardee UNC Health Care is committed to patient-centered, safe care throughout all of our hospitals and health care facilities. Due to the growing spread of coronavirus / COVID-19 in North Carolina, and to limit the risk of exposure for patients, caregivers, and employees, Pardee has revised our visitor restrictions.
Effective immediately, one visitor will be allowed for:
- Pediatric patients
- Partner of a laboring mother
- Inpatient rooms
- Delivering patient belongings to PATHS (may not enter the unit)
- Day Surgery and Cath Lab in pre- and post-op areas for patient support and discharge instructions. Visitors will not be allow to wait in the hospital during the procedure.
- Emergency department patient, but visitor must remain in the room with the patient with a mask on.
All visitors will be required to complete a health screening upon entry and must wear a mask at all times.
Additional hospital restrictions are as follows:
- No visitors under the age of 18 will be allowed to visit for the foreseeable future.
The number of entrances to the hospital remain limited. All approved visitors and patients, including vendors and contractors, will be screened at designated entry points, including the Emergency Department.
- Any visitors who are allowed must pass a health screening and wear a mask at all times. Visitors should not visit our campuses if they have one or more of the following symptoms—fever, cough or shortness of breath—or have come into contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Patients diagnosed with COVID-19 or are under suspected COVID-19 investigation may not have any visitors, unless compassionate care is approved.
Medical Necessities & End of Life:
The number of visitors for end-of-life situations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In some cases, a caregiver may be allowed for patients where a family member or significant other is essential to patient care. These decisions will be made by the care team.
Patient Access to Hospital Entrances:
- Emergency Department Entrance - open 24/7
- Day Surgery Entrance - open Monday – Friday, 5:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Main Entrance (800 N. Justice St.) - open Monday – Friday, 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
-Scheduled appointments for cardiac and vascular patients, wound care, pain management, radiology and labs, use the Main Entrance
- Fleming St Entrance - open Monday – Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm
Pardee UNC Health Care Clinics and Outpatient Facilities:
- Imaging services and procedures – visitors / caregivers escorting patients to Kayden Outpatient Imaging must remain in their vehicles until the patient procedure is complete.
- Pardee Cancer Center – no visitors except when a patient is given diagnosis information.
Cardiovascular services and procedures- visitors / caregivers escorting patients remain in their vehicles until the patient procedure is complete.
- PATHS - no visitors allowed.
- Pardee Urgent Care - only one guardian for patients under 18 permitted.
- All Pardee Physician Practices – all patients are asked to come to appointments alone. Only one guardian for patients under 18 permitted. If patients have an escort, they are asked to remain in their vehicle.
Regardless of facility, all patients and any allowed visitors are required to wear masks and will be screened upon entry to the practice.
PLEASE NOTE: No visitor, vendor, volunteer or student with fever, cough, cold or flu-like symptoms should enter any Pardee facility. Personal masks will not be provided.