Pardee UNC Health Care is committed to patient-centered, safe care throughout all of our hospitals and health care facilities. Due to the growing spread of coronavirus / COVID-19 in North Carolina, and to limit the risk of exposure for patients, caregivers, and employees, Pardee will be enacting more stringent restrictions for visitors at its facilities.
Effective Wednesday, March 25, 2020, no visitors will be permitted at Pardee UNC Health Care until further notice, with the exceptions noted below:
One visitor will be allowed for:
- Pediatric patient (visitor confined to patient’s room)
- Partner of a laboring mother (visitor confined to patient’s room)
- Emergency Department
- Outpatient, Ambulatory, Clinic - A companion is only allowed if medically necessary (i.e. ambulation, cognitive impairment, medical POA) or minor. Others must wait in their car.
- In-person discharge instructions
- Surgery or invasive procedure- A designated visitor may visit the patient for the first 24 hours following surgery/procedure and must remain confined in the patient’s room.
Additional restrictions are as follows:
- No visitors under the age of 18 will be allowed to visit for the foreseeable future.
- The number of entrances to the hospital will be limited. All visitors and patients, including vendors and contractors, will be screened at designated entry points, including the Emergency Department.
- Any visitors who are allowed must pass a health screening. Visitors should not visit our campuses if they have one or more of the following symptoms—fever, cough or shortness of breath—or have come into contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Patients under COVID-19 investigation may not have any visitors, unless compassionate care is approved.
Medical Necessities & End of Life:
The number and age of visitors for end-of-life situations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In some cases, a caregiver may be allowed for patients where a family member or significant other is essential to patient care. These decisions will be made by the care team.
These restrictions have been put in place to protect everyone’s safety. The best scientific data and experts inform us that “social distancing” is an essential element in successful efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19. We must do our part to support these guidelines and remain a good community partner. We encourage you to use electronic communication for “virtual visitation”, such as FaceTime and Skype, in place of in-person visitation.
We appreciate your understanding at this time.
Closings and Updates
To assist in implementing heightened visitor restrictions, effective Tuesday, March 17, the below have adjusted hours of operation or are closed.
Pardee is cancelling community events hosted at any Pardee facility. We continue to monitor this situation and will re-evaluate for future community event dates.
PLEASE NOTE: No visitor, vendor, volunteer or student with fever, cough, cold or flu-like symptoms should enter any Pardee facility. Personal masks will not be provided. These visitor restrictions may be tightened further as the COVID-19 situation evolves.