Pardee UNC Health Care is committed to patient-centered, safe care throughout all of our hospitals and health care facilities. Due to the growing spread of coronavirus / COVID-19 in North Carolina, and to limit the risk of exposure for patients, caregivers, and employees, Pardee has revised our visitor restrictions.
Visitors are an important part of the healing process for our patients. We are happy that we are able to relax the heightened COVID-19 visitor restrictions to allow ONE visitor for ALL patients at Pardee facilities. For the health and safety of you, our patients and staff, we ask you adhere to the following guidelines while in the hospital:
Only ONE visitor per patient is allowed.
- Visitor must be 18 years of age or older.
- If there is more than one visitor in a patient’s room, the patient and/or visitor(s) will be asked to determine who will be the one visitor and all others will be asked to leave.
- Visitors to COVID patients will be allowed while the patient is not undergoing aerosol generating therapies.
- One visitor will be allowed for all patients EXCEPT Women and Children’s. Women and Children’s patients may have two visitors at a time. Visitors are to remain in the patient room at all times unless going to one of the cafes.
The cafés are available to visitors during visiting hours. Please refrain from eating or drinking while walking to your destination.
All visitors must be screened and cleared to enter the hospital. Anyone who has respiratory symptoms will not be allowed to enter the hospital. All visitors must wear a mask at all times while in the hospital.
Medical Necessities & End of Life:
The number of visitors for end-of-life situations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In some cases, a caregiver may be allowed for patients where a family member or significant other is essential to patient care. These decisions will be made by the primary care team.
Members of the clergy will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms at the entrance. Members of the clergy will be required to wear a mask at all times, eye protection is optional except when visiting COVID patients. Clergy may visit multiple patients if needed.
Patient Access to Hospital Entrances:
- Main Entrance (800 N. Justice St.) - open Monday – Friday, 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. Scheduled appointments for cardiac and vascular patients, wound care, pain management, radiology and labs, use the Main Entrance
- Day Surgery Entrance - open Monday – Friday, 5:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Fleming St Entrance - open Monday – Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm
- Emergency Department Entrance - Open 24/7 for patients needing emergent care
Regardless of facility, all patients and any allowed visitors are required to wear masks and will be screened upon entry to the practice.
PLEASE NOTE: No visitor, vendor, volunteer or student with fever, cough, cold or flu-like symptoms should enter any Pardee facility. Personal masks will not be provided.