Hearts Can't Wait
Between your daily routine, favorite activities, family events and more, it can be tough to find time for a doctor’s appointment. But without a strong, healthy heart, you won’t be able to keep up with the life you love. This is why we at Pardee believe that hearts can’t wait. In matters of the heart, we wait for the right person, wait for the right time, and the right place. Here at Pardee, we treat an array of conditions. From congestive heart failure to heart attacks and everything in between. We offer you a multitude of comprehensive heart and vascular services to ensure that you get the best possible results such as diagnostic testing and minimally invasive procedures, as well as vascular surgery. Since no two people are alike, we treat each patient with a personalized approach while using advanced technology to diagnose and treat the full spectrum of heart and vascular conditions. At Pardee, we believe in taking the least invasive road to recovery possible in order to minimize risk, downtime, and discomfort. More than anything, we believe in prevention first and encourage you to live an active and heart healthy life in order to never become a patient. But, should you ever need it, take comfort in knowing that Pardee Cardiology Associates is committed to giving you the best care as quickly as possible. Because in matters of the heart, time is of the essence.
Did you know?
- Almost 40% of American adults have high or borderline high cholesterol
- Women have a higher lifetime risk of stroke than men
- The Average age of a first heart attack in women is 71.8 years
- The Average age of a first heart attack in men is 65.3 years
- Half of men who die suddenly of coronary heart disease had no prior symptoms
- 80% of heart disease and stroke events can be prevented
Why Pardee Cardiology Associates?
Our goal at Pardee is to see each and every patient within 24 hours of first contact. Our diverse cardiology team is led by two physicians that have a nationally recognized background, Dr. Martin Sullivan and Dr. Eduardo Balcells. These two physicians hail from medical practice at UVA and Duke respectively, and bring their expertise and experience into their team and our community. The continued growth of our cardiology team is part of our commitment to bringing our community the care they deserve in their neighborhood; because we believe that patients are happier when they are closer to home, and a happier patient is a healthier patient. In an industry where it is common practice to have to wait weeks or even months for an appointment, we strive to innovate and excel beyond our competition to better meet the needs of our community.
Pardee UNC Health Care Advantage
- Here at Pardee we have an exemplary cardiac catheterization lab where we can treat a huge array of cardiovascular complications. At Pardee’s cardiac catheterization lab we use advanced and innovative techniques to treat heart disease, such as coronary stenting, balloon angioplasty, and other advanced diagnostic testing. Compared to traditional open heart surgery, these minimally invasive approaches help reduce complications and speed up your recovery time.
- With the addition of Dr. Martin Sullivan, we are now able to offer many patients an interventional cardiology approach. Through an interventional cardiology approach most heart conditions can be treated in our state of the art facility, closer to home and without the need to undergo open heart surgery. There are numerous other benefits to an interventional cardiology approach. Most interventional cardiology procedures can be performed on an outpatient basis, or require only a short hospital stay. These procedures also significantly reduce a patient’s risk, pain, and recovery time.
- We recently recognized that heart failure was a systemic problem in Hendersonville that needed to be addressed. We can now offer our community outstanding care while they continue to receive treatment for heart failure closer to home. Living with heart failure is often chronic and we know that for our patients, being able to receive treatment in their community can make a big difference in their quality of life.
- At Pardee, we want to provide everyone in our community the resources to make real lifestyle changes in order to stay healthy and on the road to a happy heart. We also offer heart health education, including exercise and nutritional programs, to ensure that members of our community avoid ever becoming patients.
To find out more about what it means for you to have this cardiovascular program in your back yard or to make an appointment, contact Pardee Cardiology Associates at 828-697-7377.
*American Heart Association